Utah has not been kind to Team Adventure. In the first week here I broke my tooth, my camera died, and Anna started limping. While the amazing scenery definitely helped soften those blows, it’s still been a rough state.
We took today off (a frustratingly common occurrence here in Utah) due to it being too cold to walk.
It’s a frustrating decision, but it was the right one to make. Sometimes it’s hard to think safety first, because I just want to go go go. We are so close to the end, yet so far away, and these days off and delays just keep piling up here in Utah.
We’re planning on heading out tomorrow and hoping to be in Las Vegas in about ten days. If we can just get over this last mountain range and to a lower elevation in Nevada it’ll be fine, but it’s getting to that area that’s proving difficult.
As for Anna,
She’s doing alright. She’s had a chunk of downtime to give her paws a break, and it’s definitely helped. She’s not 100%, but she’s also not limping.
In addition to her new shoes Anna is now only walking half days. Around noon or early afternoon Jon, our car support driver, meets us for lunch and planning for the rest of the day. When Jon heads out after our noon break, Anna goes with him. It was kind of sad to be walking without Anna for the first time on this trip, but it’s one of those tough safety first decisions.
Not that it was tough for Anna to get in the car. She hopped right up, and I’m pretty sure enjoyed herself immensely. Which is good, since this will probably be her schedule for awhile yet.
So yeah, Utah is amazing, but I’m ready to move on.